Monday, February 23, 2015

Start of week 2

Today was great!  I was so horrible over the weekend, I was excited to start off right this week.  I was telling Eusevio that last week I would enjoy my shakes, but I'd constantly look at the clock and get super excited when I got to eat real food.  I wasn't like that today.  I enjoyed my breakfast and lunch shake as usual, and my husband had to remind me to go cook dinner lol.  It snowed, and iced a bit here in Texas over the night, so Eusevio got to get off work early.  I'm used to starting dinner late, so I guess I was used to waiting longer to eat.  He didn't want to wait though, I don't blame him!

For my breakfast shake I just added 1/2 a banana and peanut butter.  Kept it real simple for the morning.  Between breakfast and lunch I did my workout, I timed this while Skyla was taking a nap.  I live in an apartment, and our downstairs neighbors moved out a few weeks ago, so I've been able to do cardio without worrying about making noise.  Well we got new people that moved in, so I couldn't do anything that made noise.  I decided to do the intense core abs from daily burn today.  It's a 25 min. workout, but I only lasted 15 min.  I tried to last the whole time, but it was killing me!  I found out that I can only do a 40 second sissy plank, but I plan on working on that!

After sweatin up a storm, and recovering from my ab workout I started on house chores.  By the time I was done it was time for lunch shake!  Lunch shake I kind of made up my own recipe, I'll share below.  It was really good, one I'll be using again!  I've noticed that I pretty much put peanut butter in every shake I take lol, I just love the flavor it gives!  One day I'll live life on the wild side and leave it out.

For dinner I made Grilled Chicken with creamy lemon dill zucchini pasta.  The original recipe calls for Salmon, and I planned on making it with salmon.  But I wasn't going to buy the salmon until the day I made this recipe, and since it fell on today, and seeing how the roads are all icy...I made due with eating chicken.  I didn't feel like sliding all over the place, and dealing with Texas drivers.  It was very light and yummy!  A recipe I'll definitely be making in the future!

I'm just so blown away with my attitude about all of this.  Even in the past when I was trying to be better, I still didn't have this attitude on food.  It's tough reprogramming your brain to eat just what you need, and not more than that.  Sometimes I would just eat because I wanted to, I wasn't really hungry, something just looked good to me.  I was raised to never waste anything, so that carried over as well.  I would put too much on my plate to begin with because my eyes were always too big for my stomach, but I literally could not stand seeing food leftover, I didn't want to waste anything.  I've now learned to get smaller plates, and put smaller amounts of food.  You can always get more if you need, but I've found that by the time I finish the first plate I'm not hungry anymore.  I know the pills I take help with that, but it still helps with portion control.

I can't wait for tomorrow, I know it'll be just a great as today!

~Kylah~

Breakfast Shake:
2 scoops of Healthy meal mix
1 scoop Protein mix
1/2 banana
1/2 tbsp peanut butter

Lunch Shake:
2 scoops Healthy meal mix
1 scoops protein mix
1 tbsp fat free cheesecake pudding mix
1/2 banana
1/2 tbsp peanut butter
I kind of played around with flavors on this one, and it was really good!

Dinner Recipe:
Grilled Chicken with Creamy Lemon Dill Zucchini "Pasta" (It's really baked salmon, but I substituted) 
  • 1 salmon fillet, about 120g
  • 1/8 tsp dried dill
  • sea salt and black pepper
For the sauce:
  • 2 tbsp plain fat-free Greek yogurt
  • 1 tsp dried dill
  • 1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • black pepper, to taste
For everything else:
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • 1 zucchini, spiralized, or 28g/1oz uncooked whole grain pasta
  • 6 stalks asparagus, trimmed and sliced lengthwise if thick
  • lemon wedges and parsley, to garnish
*I seasoned the Chicken the same as  I would the salmon.  I just looked up how to cook really tender chicken, and it turned out perfect!  

Link to the recipe: http://eat-spin-run-repeat.com/recipes-2/?recipe_id=6044084


*My zucchini noodles aren't thin and pretty like most because I don't have a mandolin to cut with.  But they still turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment