Wednesday, February 18, 2015

I'm hungry, but I'm not

So day 2 on herbalife went good, maybe a little more rough than the first day.  I had 2 shakes yesterday, 1 at 11:30, then another at 3:30.  I stayed full in between the morning and afternoon shake, I had to set myself an alarm to remind myself to make my next shake.  I did get hungry in between my lunch and dinner, probably because I didn't start cooking dinner until 6:30 :-S, so I had a piece of snack cheese and some cashews.  I didn't have a lot, but really got satisfied fast.

I made a Butterfinger Shake for my breakfast, I didn't like this one as well.  I guess I just don't like butterscotch like I thought I did.  (I'll post recipes don't worry :-)  For my lunch shake I made Chunky Monkey shake....now this one was my favorite so far!  I mean how can you go wrong with Chocolate and peanuts??  For my dinner I made Chicken and Spinach ravioli, which apparently was a paleo recipe.  I got it from pinterest, and it says it's paleo, but honestly I don't know anything about that so I'm not sure if it was genuinely one or not.  It was so good!  I wasn't sure how I'd like squash in place of pasta for my ravioli, but it turned out great!  I cooked it enough to be soft, but still have some bite to it.  My hubby loved it too, which I was hoping he would because he is kind of getting pulled into this healthier eating with me whether he likes it or not :-)  He says he doesn't mind, so I'm rolling with it!

So it's TMI time!  I've had diarrhea a couple times, usually after I drink my tea and take pills, but I figured it was my body's way of getting rid of all the toxins in my body.  I did some research on it, because I research EVERYTHING, and sure enough they said it was normal for this to happen because it's pretty much cleansing my body from all the crap I have been feeding it.  I'm still going to keep my eye out and make sure it's a temporary thing, if it persist I'll have to look into finding out the specific reason.  I don't have cramps or anything with it, just a normal bathroom run and it's done!

I also learned the importance of drinking lots of water with these products.  Our faucet water is nasty, so we buy water bottles from the store.  We ran down because I use them to make my shakes, so I had about 2 water bottles for the whole day.  I couldn't run to the store because my hubby took the car with the carseat in it (figures right?)   I started to feel like I was getting a headache, which my headaches always turn into migraines if I don't take medicine.  I was able to wait until my hubby got home and he brought water, as soon as the H2O touched my mouth everything was so much better! I've never missed water so much!  So lesson learned, always keep water right next to me, and always make sure I have the carseat with me.

My energy level didn't go down at all the 2nd day, I got so much more done yesterday and it was great! I think my hubby is getting jealous of all my energy!  I do have to say that I'm really missing food.  That sounds so rediculous, but it's true.  I would pretty much plan my day around what I'd eat, the day before I'd plan on what'd I'd fix the next day.  I'd wake up that day and think, "Hmmmmmm what am I going to fix for lunch".  I never ate breakfast before, so really the only meal I'm going without food is lunch, but that was kind of "my lunch"  I didn't have to cook for anyone but me and my child (who would eat whatever I made) so I didn't have to worry about if someone else would like it or not, I knew exactly what my tastebuds wanted and BOOM there it was.  So it's been hard to let go of that meal for some reason, but trying different shake flavors is helping a lot.  I know it'll be a matter of time before I forgot what it was like to not have a shake until dinner (please let that happen soon)

Another change I've noticed is that I haven't craved anything sweet.  I would always crave chocolate anything after every meal.  Maybe it's because i'm taking chocolate shakes, but maybe it's because it's all helping me not crave sweets.  Either way I'm just glad that it's been helping with that.  Sweets are always a downfall for me.

I also noticed my body kind of getting sore at the end of the day.  It's a feeling I recognized though, and this happens when I'm active and my body releases toxins.  If you don't drink enough water, which as I said above I didn't, the body doesn't flush out the toxins like it should.  Most the pain was in my legs and thighs, so my husband being an awesome person that he is, gave me a leg massage and stripped my muscles so that the toxins could be released and flushed.  It instantly helped me, which is another reason it's important to drink water with this. You want to flush the toxins out so they don't get trapped.

Well that's about all I have for you guys today!  I'll post recipes below of my shakes and dinner.  See you guys tomorrow!

Breakfast Shake:
Butterfinger Shake
1 Scoop of Chocolate Formula 1 Mix
1 Scoop of Chocolate Protein Drink Mix
1 Teaspoon of Creamy Peanut Butter
1 Tablespoon of sugar-free Butterscotch Pudding Mix 
½ Tablespoon of Butterscotch Chips
*This is the one I didn't like as much.  I guess I just don't like the flavor of butterscotch

Lunch Shake:
Chunky Monkey Shake
1 Scoop of Chocolate Formula 1 Mix
1 Scoop of Chocolate Protein Drink Mix
1 Tablespoon of sugar-free Chocolate Fudge Pudding Mix
1 Tablespoon of Peanuts

*I also added 1/2 of a banana, and I'm glad I did because it was so delicious!  One of my favorites so far

Dinner:
Chicken and Spinach Paleo Ravioli
  • 4-5 medium to large yellow squash
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1.5 lbs. ground chicken
  • 1 8 oz. bag frozen spinach, thawed
  • 8 oz. mascarpone cheese
  • 1/2 yellow onion, diced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • small handful fresh basil leaves
  • salt and pepper to taste
I also made the sauce they recommended with it.  Cali-Redo Sauce:
  • 1 head of cauliflower, cored and chopped into large chunks
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 shallot, minced
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 3 Tbsp. shredded parmesan
  • 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
  • salt/pepper to taste
  • pinch of nutmeg
That's a picture of how my dinner turned out, don't mind the top right one, it was my first try lol.

Here's the links to the website I've been getting my shake recipes from, and the link to the dinner recipe I made:
http://www.herbaldrive.com/herbalife-shake-recipes-chocolate-formula-1/
http://cupcakesomg.blogspot.com/2012/08/paleo-ravioli.html


1 comment:

  1. I totally get the missing food. It's such a huge factor in daily life and social activities that you feel almost lost and sad that that aspect is no longer an "event" like it was. And it just tastes SO good. I'm trying to learn to like more veggies. It's hard.

    ReplyDelete