Thursday, December 3, 2015

Day 3...oh yea and 4

I totally forgot to blog about my day yesterday, so I'll be bunching yesterday's and today's festivities together.  

I'll start with yesterday....of course...I had officially run out of all the good foods in my house, and still hadn't gone to the store.  I was experiencing moment of weakness and I ordered delivery from Fuzzy's  Taco.  I had ground beef nachos....In hindsight it's really not the most unhealthiest food I could have eaten, but on the grounds of Whole30 it's not aloud because it has Feta cheese, and tortilla chips.  Which I though that corn tortillas, and tortilla chips were ok to eat, but nope found out they aren't on the Whole30 program :-(  I felt bad for even that small slip up!  I FINALLY went to the store though (the clouds parted, and the angels sang) I came home actually excited to have all this healthy food in the house knowing that I could snack and eat without feeling guilty!  I ended up making Sweet Potato & Chicken Sausage Skillet for dinner.  For some reason I didn't put chicken sausage on my grocery list, I put turkey sausage.  So the minor change was I made it was turkey sausage.  

Despite the look of it lol, it was actually really good!  It did feel more like a filling for something, like I really wanted to put it in some corn tortillas and chow down.  I found a recipe for Coconut flour tortillas, so yea that's going to happen!  All in all I would for sure make this again for a filling for possibly Coconut flour tortillas or something like that.

Later that evening I had a bowl of mixed fruit with a sauce I made from Almond butter and Almond milk for my "Dessert".  I probably should've emitted the almond butter mixture and saved that for fruit like apples, but it gave me that sweet I was craving.    End of Day 3 :-D

Today I did tons better, simply because I had everything in the house that I needed.  I should've had breakfast but I didn't.  For lunch I had tomato, turkey bacon, and chicken sandwich meat roll up...?....I kind of made it up so I don't know what to call it.  Here's a picture of that...
I just put sliced tomatoes and pieces of turkey bacon on the chicken breast sandwich meat and rolled it up.  The flavor was really good, and 4 of these little things actually filled me up.  For some reason I didn't buy lettuce of any kind at the store, but I'll most likely go and get some, because I think something like this needed the crunch and texture of lettuce around it.  A good and easy idea for lunches :-)
I was excited to tell you about dinner....is it so bad that I get super excited about food??
In any case, I made Creamy Chicken Spaghetti Squash
These pictures crack me up, because it doesn't make my food look good lol, but I assure you it tasted so delicious!  I'll post the 2 recipes down at bottom if you're interested in looking these up.  I honestly didn't even miss the pasta noodles in this dish.  The sauce was good, flavorful, and truly creamy.  The 2 things I left out was the sliced sausage, and asparagus.  Honestly I didn't want to add asparagus to this meal, but I didn't grab turkey smoked sausage like I usually do at the store so that's why I didn't add it.  I wish I had though, because I know it would've been even better!  I'm excited about this sauce, I know I'll be putting it on other stuff :-D

I haven't gone to the gym yet, I don't know why I have such a lack of motivation on that.  I'm hoping to get some before Monday, but by Monday I won't let myself get by without going.  I'll have to just force myself to go.  

I still feel really good though.  I'm always really tired by the end of the day which is strange because I usually don't ever feel tired at night.  Seems like it's easier for me to fall asleep, no running thoughts that occupy my mind.  I feel lighter, not so weighed down, most likely because I don't feel like I'm retaining so much water and not bloated.  I'm not missing other foods as much as I thought I would.  I mean I've never gone this long without having chocolate....and I haven't really even craved it! 

Okie dokie that's all for today, I'll check in with you guys tomorrow :-)  STAY STRONG  my fellow Whole-30ers  WE GOT THIS

Recipe Links:
*Sweet Potato & Chicken Sausage Skillet - http://www.5dollardinners.com/sweet-potato-chicken-sausage-hash/#_a5y_p=3157795  (You'll see they used sliced sausage, I for some reason got a different kind of sausage, in any case it still tasted good)
*Creamy Spaghetti Squash - http://stiritup.me/?p=1995

No comments:

Post a Comment