Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Recipe Time Ya'll

I've decided to post some of the recipes I've cooked.  Mostly so I can look back and remember which ones I particularly liked so I can go back to them easy.  Last night I made my own recipe, I didn't follow anything, so I'll try to explain it best way possible because it was super easy and delicious!

~Ground Turkey and Pork Chorizo Enchiladas :-) ~

What you'll need:
1 package Ground Turkey ( I had Jennie-O because they were having a sale on them)
1 Package of Pork Chorizo
1 Small to medium onion (Depending on how much onion you like)
1 Package Taco seasoning mix
Corn Tortillas
Shredded Cheese

For the Sauce:
1 can Rotel W/Chiles
1 small can Evaporated Milk

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Chop onions to desired size and saute them on medium high heat until they are nice and translucent.
Add the Ground turkey and the chorizo together, give it a stir to mix and then add the Taco Seasoning mix.  Let that all cook until done...  So simple!  You won't need to add any liquids to it, it produces enough and it'll be nice and juicy tender.

In another pan add the Evaporated milk and can of Rotel and let it heat up a bit, then transfer to blender and blend.  I was happy with the flavor so I didn't add anything else, but if you like it more spicy just add some hot sauce to it.

Heat the tortillas on a skillet just to get warm and pliable.
Time to assemble your enchiladas!
I was able to get about 16 enchiladas out of this, and this was me filling them pretty full.
After you have the enchiladas filled and in pan, pour the sauce over them.  Add shredded cheese and in the oven they go!
Just keep in oven long enough for cheese to melt and BOOM you have yourself some delicious enchiladas :-)

Let me know if you try this recipe out!  I love Chorizo, and I've found that added it to Ground Turkey really works well and amps up things.

No comments:

Post a Comment